Amazon Peru – Mammal Tour 3 days.
Amazon Peru Day 1:
Cusco – Cloud Forest Pilcopata Hostel Manu Park.
We leave Cusco very early in the morning to start our adventure trip! In private transport we will make stops first in Ninamarca there we will observe “pre-Inca chullpas” (tombs) of the Lupaca culture. Then, we continue to Paucartambo, a typical colonial town with its narrow streets and beautiful church, where people still maintain their old customs after we will start, climb to the highest point called Acjanaco which is located at (3,550 masl), considered as a Entrance to the Manu National Park Mirador de Tres Cruces de Oro (3700 masl) is known as one of the best sunrises in the world can only be observed in Peru in Japan! From there, we will begin to descend the Manu National Park by first passing a dwarf forest and there is a cloud forest where the rooster of the rocks, hummingbirds, surprisingly colored quetzales, trogons and the Mono Choro will be observed and as flora will be observed a wide variety of orchids, mosses, ferns, etc. In the afternoon we will arrive at the town called Pilcopata which is located at (700 meters above sea level), where we will spend the first night in our hostel there we will take a refreshing bath after dinner
Amazon Peru Day 2:
Pilcopata Puerto Atalaya – Machuwasi lake.
After breakfast we will continue our trip in our private mobility (an hour and a half) to the port of Atalaya (500 meters above sea level) from there we will embark on a motorboat to continue our journey through the Madre de Dios River along the Rocky shores watch we are wildlife like birds, turtles, lizards sunbathing on the beaches In the afternoon we will arrive at our Rainfores Lodge where we will settle in our respective rooms in the afternoon after lunch
Return to our lodge to take our boat downstream from the high mother of God where we will sail for 1 hour 30 minutes to the port from there we will make the 2-hour walk to the camp where we will settle then we will make a walk around our camp
Then we will enjoy our dinner and then we will settle on our platform to observe the mammalian colpa where they gather at night to lick the mineral salt that contains enough sodium.
Amazon Peru 3:
Parrot Clay Lick – Platform – Port -Return to Cusco .
Today we will get up very early 4:30 am again we will take the 2-hour walk to the port where our outboard boat is waiting for us to travel upstream to the parrot collpa like parakeets and Aras (macaw) that every morning concentrate to eat the clay after this activity, we will return to the lodge for breakfast. Then we will pack our things to continue our boat trip upriver to the Atalaya Port where our private vehicle awaits us to return to Cusco we will arrive between 7 00 pm 7:30 pm.
You have to be vaccinated against yellow fever, as well as to take some malaria pills with you .
Included in the Peru Amazon Tours 3 days / 2 nights:
- A professional naturalist tour guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- A professional cook,
- Meals: 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners, and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option availableupon request for no extra cost!)
- Accommodation: 1 Nights in Lodges;
- 1 Night Platform .
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and antidote for snake bites;
- Life jacket;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
- Hot Springs
Not included in the Peru Amazon Tour 3 days / 2 nights:
- Flights and airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Peru Amazon Tour 3 days / 2 nights:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long-sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Long cotton socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Binoculars (also available for rent),
- Camera and charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and camera,
- A hat as a protection against the sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- Water bottle (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs