Amazon Wild Photograph 5 days
DAY 1. – Cusco Cloud Forest (1,700m.s.n.m.) Amazon Wild
We leave Cusco early in the morning in one of our vehicles. We will pass through interesting valleys and picturesque communities. We will visit pre Incan tombs and then we will stop in Paucartambo, a beautiful colonial town. Here we will visit a very interesting museum. We will have a packed lunch en route. We continue to the cloud forest, an area rich with endemic species like the Spectacled Bear, the Cock of The Rock, a variety of orchids, bromeliads and ferns etc. Take in the beautiful nature as we make our Lodge where we will spend our first night in our comfortable accommodation.
DAY 2. –Cloud Forest (400m.s.n.m.) Rainforest Lodge to Amazon Wild
Very early we will go in search of the Cock of the Rock, the National bird of Peru, that has a very unique courtship dance. After breakfast we will continue to the small town of Pilcopata*, then to the Port of Atalaya port at Atalaya (500 m.a.s.l). There, we board a motorized boat to continue for about half an hour navigating on the Alto Madre de Dios River. Along the rocky riversides, we have a great opportunity to observe the river wildlife like many birds, turtles or sunbathing lizards. In the afternoon, we reach our next lodge – Rainforest Lodge. Then we go to explore nearby paths where we can see a big diversity of species, for example, tarantulas, ants, butterflies, some monkey species, huge trees, erotic plants, palms, etc. After that, we return to our lodge to overnight.
- Optional: A night walk in amazon peru with manu jungle trips and manu national park.
Tours Day 3: Rainforest Lodge – Parrot Clay Lick – Aguas Calientes Amazon Wild
We wake up today very early to board a motor boat taking us to a 10 minute far away clay-lick of parrots, budgerigars and aras (guacamayo) which is an unforgettable experience! After this activity, we return to the lodge to have breakfast. Afterwards, we go for a walk following nearby Manu jungle´s paths observing its large flora & fauna biodiversity such as monkeys, birds, medicinal plants used by local people to heal various sicknesses, etc. For lunch, we get back to the lodge to later continue to another excursion, this time to Aguas Calientes (hot springs located in the Manu National Park) There, we enjoy a hot bath providing us with energy in the afternoon we will back our lodge .
- Optional: Night (caiman watching) in amazon Peru in jungle trips.
Tours Day 4: Amazon Wil to Aguas Calientes – Machuwasi Lake – Rainforest Lodge
Today, we have another opportunity to go to the parrot clay-lick to view parrots, budgerigars and guacamayos eating clay that is very important to their digestion. If we are lucky, we can also spot some big mammals like capybaras, tapirs, anteater, monkeys, etc. We go for lunch back to the Rainforest Lodge. Afterwards, we have a short break to enjoy a refreshing bath in a river or just relax in the lodge. In the afternoon, we go to visit Machuwasi Lake to check out a sail in “remos” (hollowed tree trunks used by natives of the area). This is a perfect way on how to watch a big diversity of local animal species such as a prehistoric bird called hoatzin, some caimans, capybaras or monkeys Tocon (Callicebus oenanthe). Later on, we return to our lodge to spend the night.
- Optional: A night walk in Amazon Wild and manu national park
Tours Day 5: Amazon Wild – Rainforest Lodge to Atalaya Port Back Cusco
After breakfast, we board our motorized boat to start returning. Our first stop is in the Atalaya Port where our private vehicle awaits us to take us back to Cusco arriving there between 7:00 pm and 7:30 pm.
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you .
Included in the Amazon Wild 5 days / 4 nights:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide for amazon peru;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation for jungle trips;
- Entrance fee to the thermal baths (Aguas Calientes of Manu National Park);
- A professional Cook,
- Meals: 4 Breakfast, 5 Lunch, 4 Dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 4 nights in lodges in the Manu jungle trips;
- First aid kit .
- Radio communications for jungle trips;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Amazon Wild :
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Vaccination for jungle trips;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Amazon Wild :
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport for jungle trips,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger for jungle trips,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.