Choquequirao Trek 4 days is composed of nine sectors, especially political and religious center, the system of water supply sources and channels, and the group covers. It is necessary to emphasize the religious character of this complex. The architecture is distributed around a plaza or town square, and is complemented by a well preserved agricultural terraces system. The archaeological remains are distributed at the bottom of the hill Choquequirao Trek and grouped as a small neighborhoods, something apart, following a probable judgment and social rank function.
Choquequirao trek in Quechua means “cradle of gold”, although this is probably not his original name, is located in the region of Cusco in southern Peru; this mysterious and dazzling is another “Lost City of the Incas”, located on top of the mountain, almost 1,750 m above the raging glacier-fed Apurimac River and surrounded by high peaks of the Cordillera Vilcabamba peaks. This citadel was built in the last years of the Inca Empire was possibly a political and administrative settlement which later served as stronghold and refuge during the Inca resistance against the Spanish conquest. Enjoy a great experience and a new discovery, appreciate the magnificence of Choquequirao trek with its palaces, temples, source systems two levels, canals, aqueducts and lovely terraces “upholstered” with vegetation through the Sun Gate choquequirao .
- Tour Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
- Travel Departures: Every day from January to March
- Places visited: Tour Cusco – Choquequirao trek – Cachora – Playa Rosalina – Raqaypata
- Trips Style: Adventure, Hiking, Archaeological Landscape
- Activities Travel: Travel choquequirao trek.
- Travel Physical Rating: Difficulty Moderate / Challenge.
- 3.1 stars – based on 310 reviews for the trek to Choquequirao
[restabs alignment=”osc-tabs-left” responsive=”false” tabcolor=”#8ed65c”]
[restab title=”ITINERARY TOUR” active=”active”]
ITINERARY TO PERU AMAZON
Choquequirao Trek 4 days / 3 nights:
Tours Day 1:
Tours Cusco – Cachora – Coca Masana – Playa Rosalina to Choquequirao Trek
To begin the trek to Choquequirao Trek you will be picked up at 6:00 am from your hotel, then you will be transferred by private bus for about 4 hours to the small town (Sampedro Cachora). On the way we stop to enjoy our breakfast and watch the wonderful and admirable barrel Limatambo and surprising Nevado (Apu Salkantay) and then continue our trip to Cachora where we meet the rest of the travel team, we refer to the horses and ours. carriers will be responsible for carrying all the camping equipment and food needed for the entire trip once ready to begin our adventure with a gentle hike that took about 3 hours to Capuliyoq (2915m), where our first glimpses of the valley snow. Apurimac seen in the distance the mountains of Pedrayoq and Wayna Cachora.
After having a gentle walk descend toward Coca Masana (2330m) where the climate becomes noticeably warmer and the flora and fauna begin to change, you need to take a mosquito repellent, we finally arrived at Playa Rosalina at 1550 meters. Located next to the Apurimac river (the chatty god where adventurers often go to practice the sport of sailing reaching level 5, this will be our first campsite where we spend the night.
Tours Day 2:
Playa Rosalina – Choquequirao Trek
This day is considered one of the most difficult trip, but looking around this place is really fantastic, the combination of high forests, clouds and Ceja jungle region of Cusco, after an early breakfast we start to climb a steep path that goes lead us to Choquequirao. This is an adventure for 5 hours until the next Chunchullumayo Raqaypata river where we will have a late lunch and a rest. Along the way we will observe diversity of orchids and wild flowers as well as a wide variety of birds, Raqaypata to Choquequirao (3035m) is a 2 hour hike. Arrival at the archaeological site in time to enjoy the sunset and maybe the opportunity to see condors flying around us. Our camp is near the archaeological complex of Choquequirao.
Tours Day 3:
Choquequirao Trek – Raqaypata
This day just be careful to explore this amazing city of Choquequirao is a special place full of peace, occupied by the nobility, priests and Inca nobility who came from the holy city of Cusco for cover and be in contact with nature and gods and sacred mountains and perform rites to his Andean gods. Here at Choquequirao will see more elaborate buildings Inca architecture, solid platforms called as sidewalks, planting or decorate with exotic plants and bromeliads, wild orchids, stop constructions stores or just a place surveillance were built to protect the area with water Surprisingly served canal irrigation system. Our guide will explain the history and importance of the site. Then you can visit many areas of the resort and take good pictures and afternoon return to our camp where we will have the opportunity to observe the performance of aerobatics condors this archeological site Choquequirao
Tours Day 4:
Choquequirao Trek to Raqaypata – Coca Masana – Tour Cusco
After our breakfast we continue our journey with a steep slope to the Apurimac River valley during the visit small villages where you can interact with the friendly mestizos for agriculture and grazing animals are daily and cutting the wool sheep, we stop at a good view of the Apurimac River where we will enjoy lunch.
After 3 hours of climbing to reach Capuliyoq. From there the road is completely up to the village of Cachora. There we said goodbye to our horsemen of friendship and took the bus to Cusco. And we traveled four hours by bus to Cusco.
[restab title=”INCLUDED TOUR”]
INCLUDED A CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK:
- Official tourist guide
- Assistant Guide (when the group exceeds more than 10 people)
- Pick up from your hotel
- Access to the park of Choquequirao
- Transportation Cusco-Cachora-Cusco
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Duffle 5kg. to put their personal belongings, including his sleeping bag
- Dining tent with tables, chairs
- Equipment clean and well quality: waterproof, 2 or 3 people per store. The tents are large (designed to accommodate 4 persons) if it is allowed to have more space for personal items.
- The mats are thick, comfortable.
- In the morning we prepare coca tea or coffee to get out of the most relaxing
- Oxygen Ball and emergency equipment
NOT INCLUDED IN CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK:
- The first breakfast or lunch on the last day is not included.
- Advice or tip for the staff who accompanied us.
TIP OF THE THINGS YOU MUST BRING A CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK:
- Your original passport (your student card ISIC Card)
- Sleeping bag (not included but can be rented at our office in Cusco)
- Shoes adapt trails.
- Rain poncho or rain gear
- Warm clothes, hat and gloves
- T extras
- adaptation and comfortable pair ‘s Walk Shorts
- Sunscreen (factor 35 recommended)
- Mineral water only for the first 4 hours and then we provide purified water and boiled to fill their canteens.
- mosquito repellent
- Bathroom Disposable Paper
- personal medications
- Flashlights with extra batteries
OPTIONAL SERVICES NOT INCLUDE A CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK
- Rental sleeping bag
[restab title=”DECRIPTION TOUR”]
CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK 4 DAYS
MANU JUNGLE TRIPS – TOUR OPERATOR AND AGENCY
About MANU JUNGLE TRIPS payment: Shipping must be performed in the name of our Agency Manager Travel and tourism, which can be done by WESTERN UNION, you can send and receive money quickly at any of the 116,000 agents or offices all the world. It can also be done with Paypal, Credit Card or by bank transfer (bank BCP and / or INTERBANK), which is indicated below by email or phone.
This is the fastest and most secure payment form Peru. The transfer of money should be in the name of Edgar Condori Ramos, accept both dollars and Peruvian Soles (local or international currency).
If you are interested in this tour or have any question about it. Please contact us at our email email@example.com to answer any questions and / or guidance for the trip in Peru.
Contact or Book your tours with your inquiries to MANU JUNGLE TRIPS:
- Phone: +51 (84) 255527
- Mobile: +51 984388783 / RPM: # 979530544
- Skype: firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Website: http://www.manujungletrips.com/