The most awaited season the magic path of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu was started by tourists with the reopening in March. Dare to challenge this journey, one of the most attractive in the world, an encounter with nature, history and adventure in the heart of the Cordillera Urubamba Valley (Sacred Valley of the Incas). While the classic Inca Trail of Piscacucho (km 82), there are two alternatives: it starts at km 104, in the Chachabamba bridge, then climb up to Wiñaywayna and finally to Machu Picchu, and which starts at km 88, in Qoriwayrachina, and follow the archaeological sites of Wayna and Machu Qente Qente up to Chachabamba and continue to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu and finally visit the reserve manu, has become one of the most visited as chullpas Ninamarca, Paucartambo, the three crosses or called cloud forest is doing the only place where sunrise is appreciated.
TRAVEL ITINERARY TO MANU JUNGLE TRIPS
Inca Trail Machu Picchu – Manu Reserved 10 days / 9 nights
TOUR DAY 01:
TOUR CUSCO – INCA TRAIL – HUAYLLABAMBA
Between 6:00 and 6:30 , we will pick you up at your hotel in our own private bus. Make sure you have your passport and ISIC student card (applicable ) . The trip to kilometer 82 takes about 3 hours . Travel time by bus are always approximations according to weather conditions , the physical ability of the group and many other factors, but you will walk approximately 2-3 hours before lunch and after lunch , about 3 hours walk to the village Wayllabamba to our first camp (3000 m). This first day we walk through the valley. This starts at 2380 meters. With a small climb to a platform that goes through the top of Llactapata and rewarded with magnificent views of snow-capped Veronica.
About this day we walk about 14km
TOUR DAY 02 :
INCA TRAIL TO WAYLLABAMBA – WARMIHUAÑUSCA – PACAYMAYO
It is the hardest day you walked approximately above 3000 meters. Up to 4200 meters which is the Highest step of this journey ( the Pass of the Dead ) . You can walk at your own pace , you regain your energy once you get to the passage and descend to the valley of Pacaymayo . ( Second camp at 3600 meters. This day you can hire an extra porter to help with things . Wayllabamba Village of the cost is approximately 70 soles. You must arrange and pay this money directly to the person articles carries Please check your belongings are complete when received This is the coldest night +2 / +4 degrees Celsius (December ) . . . -3/-5 degrees Celsius ( June).
Approximately this day we walk about . 12km
TOUR DAY 03 :
INCA TRAIL TO PACAYMAYO – WIÑAYHUYNA
This day is exceptionally beautiful because they observe an incredible archaeological sites totally paved road. There are about 2000 stairs descending from Phuyupatamarca Wiñaywayna , just be careful with your knees). If you feel bad knees or broken ankle we recommend an additional carrier so that you do not carry the weight of his personal things and not overstressed your joints. Throughout the course of the trip will be guided in each archaeological site visits. Camping is usually Winaywayna ( about 2700 m).
Be very careful with your personal belongings in this camp because all groups of different companies camped in the same spot forever ( hold) your valuables with you. The only hot shower on the Inca Trail is during this third night in Winaywayna . There is a hostel near the camp at a cost of 5 soles for 8 minutes , and a restaurant where you can buy bottled water.
Approximately this day we walk about . 16km .
TOUR DAY 04 :
INCA TRAIL TO WIÑAYHUAYNA – INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU – RETURN TO CUSCO
This day is very much needed Get up early to get to Intipunku , ” Puerta del Sol ” and so see the first sun illuminating the majestic Machu Picchu. This even will visit one day 40 minutes until the sun gate where you can archive the first photos of Machu Picchu. Then lower to the village of Machu Picchu for about 20 minutes. Then your guide will take a guided tour around Machu Picchu for a period of 2 hours and then you will be free to Machupicchu in your leisure time you have the option to climb Huayna Picchu ( this will take at least 90 minutes ) . A maximum of 400 hikers can climb this mountain by day where you can see the architectural achievement and beauty of Machu Picchu.
At the end of your visit Machu Picchu , you can get to Aguas Calientes ( it takes about 45 minutes) , the other option is to take a bus. The $ 7 ticket bus is included and your guide will give you the ticket. Since arriving at Aguas Calientes hot bath you can take in the hot springs and relax, your things will be stored in our restaurant. If you do not extend your stay for a night in Aguas Calientes, you will return around 6pm to Cusco by train or train and bus. You will arrive in Cusco approximately 9 to 9.30pm.
Please note , during the high season is from May to September there are a number of times space station for those who have completed the Inca trail or alternate routes only return to Ollantaytambo and from there we went to pick them up with removability private to return them to Cusco. Approximate mind this day we travel about 7 km. There is an option to extend your trip and stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes in a hostel , then return to Cusco the 5th day . Please if you want that option must be coordinated before heading to the Inca Trail or a day before your arrival at our office in cusco .
INCLUDED TO INCA TRAIL MACHU PICCHU:
- Tourism Official Guide English / Spanish
- Assistant Guide ( when the group exceeds more than 10 people )
- Pick up from your hotel
- Join the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Private transportation from Cusco to km 82
- Return train tickets from Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Duffle 5kg . To put your personal belongings including his sleeping bag
- Dining tent with tables , chairs
- Kitchen Chef who prepares the food for the Inca Trail
- Boil the purified water to fill their canteens every morning
QUALITY EQUIPMENTTO INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU:
Teams are Waterproof , clean for 2 or 3 people per store. The tents are large ( designed to fit 4 people ) if it allows you to have more space for personal items .
- The sleeping mats are Thick, comfortable .
- We ship proper equipment as dining tent , kitchen tent, tables and chairs to enjoy your stay and food.
- In the morning we prepare coca tea or coffee to get up that way more relaxed
- Ball oxygen and emergency kit
THINGS YOU SHOULD BRING TO INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU:
- Your original passport (and your student card ( ISIC) applies only to persons under 26 .
- Sleeping bag ( it is not included but can be rented at our office in Cusco)
- adapting shoe trails.
- Rain poncho or rainwear
- Warm clothes , hat and gloves
- T extras
- adapting and comfortable pair ‘s Shorts Walk
- Sunscreen ( factor 35 recommended )
- Mineral water only for the first 4 hours and then we will provide purified water and boiled to fill their canteens .
- Mosquito repellent
- Disposable Paper Bath
- Personal medication
- Flashlights with extra batteries
OPTIONAL SERVICES THAT ARE NOT INCLUDED TO INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU:
- Rental sleeping bag $ 20.00 (minus 15 degrees) .
- Walking sticks $ 8
- Personal Supplement $ 25.00
- Unless you hire an extra porter you have to carry your personal luggage , sleeping bag and mat. You have to indicate whether you want an extra carrier at the time of booking because they also need to reserve your spot for the 4 days as a regular tourist .
TOURS DAY 05:
MANU RESERVE– NINAMARCA TO PILCOPATA TOWN
We leave Cusco early in the morning to start our adventurous trip! First, we are taken by private transport to the place called Ninamarca to observe pre-Incan “chullpas” (tombs) of the Lupaca’s culture. Then, we continue to Paucartambo, a colonial town with narrow streets and beautiful church, where people still keep their old customs.
Then, we ascend to the viewpoint Tres Cruces (3,900 masl) to observe one of the best sunrises of the world! From there, we start descending to the Manu National Park, a place of presence of cock of the rock (a Peruvian national bird), hummingbirds, strikingly coloured quetzals, trogons, spotted flycatcher and woolly monkey. From flora, we can view a variety of orchids, mosses, ferns, etc. Finally, we get to Pilcopata (700 masl) where we overnight in the Tikari Lodge after enjoying dinner and shower.
TOURS DAY 06:
MANU RESERVE – PILCOPATA – ATALAYA – BOCA MANU
After breakfast, we continue our journey by private car (one and half an hour) towards the port at Atalaya (500 m.a.s.l.). There, we board a motorized boat to continue for about 7 hours navigating on the Madre de Dios River. Along the river, we have a great opportunity to observe various species such as herons, vultures, kingfishers, turtles and some of 13 monkey species living in Manu! In the afternoon, we reach our next lodge situated in Boca Manu where we spend the night.
Optional: A night walk. Manu Nature
TOURS DAY 07:
MANU RESERVE – BOCA MANU – CASA MATSIGUENKA LODGE
Today, we say good-bye to the Madre de Dios River to change for a navigation on the Manu River offering us other amazing views of a great variety of species living in and around it such as groups of turtles, white caimans, capybaras, jaguar (Panthera onca) resting on a log and watching its territory. In the evening, we reach our next accommodation – Casa Matsiguenka Lodge, offering us a basic service.
Optional: A night walk. Manu Nature
TOURS DAY 08:
CASA MATSIGUENKA LODGE – LAKE SALVADOR AND OTORONGO LAKE
Today, we visit the Salvador Lake in our silent rowing boat that allows us observing a family of playful giant river otters, black caimans as well as many rare bird species including a prehistoric bird called shansho! You can be sure that animals here in wild Amazon Manu have never suffered from hunting by people!
In the afternoon, we return to our lodge to have lunch and maybe a shower to be able continue later visiting another lake – Otorongo. There is placed an observation tower that allows us to watch other giant otters. During that, our local Tour Guide teaches us functions and secrets of the jungle. After that, we come back to our lodge to have dinner and spend the night.
Optional: A night walk in Manu Nature
TOURS DAY 09:
CASA MATSIGUENKA LODGE – BOCA MANU – RAINFOREST LODGE – MANU RESERVE
After breakfast, we set out for a many hours lasting navigation, first on the Manu River that leads us back to Boca Manu to later change for the Madre de Dios River. We reach our next lodge in the afternoon so we can have rest there and later a sleep too.
Optional: A night walk in the Manu Nature
TOURS DAY 10:
MANU RESERVE – RAINFOREST LODGE – TOUR CUSCO
We wake up very early today to go to see a nearby parrot clay lick! After that, we get back to the lodge where we are served breakfast adding us energy for our last travel so that we board a motorized boat and start navigating towards the Atalaya Port. Our private vehicle awaits us there to take us back to Cusco. We arrive there approximately between 6 and 6:30 pm.
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!!
Included in the Manu Reserve
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation – Manu Reserve
- Entrance to the Reserved Zone of the Manu National Park;
- A professional Cook for Manu Reserve ,
- Meals: 5x breakfast, 5x lunch, 5x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no
- extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 5 nights in lodges;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots for Manu Reserve
Not included in the Manu Reserve
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Manu Reserve
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip
About MANU JUNGLE TRIPS payment: Shipping must be performed in the name of our Agency Manager Travel and tourism, which can be done by WESTERN UNION, you can send and receive money quickly at any of the 116,000 agents or offices all the world. It can also be done with Paypal, Credit Card or by bank transfer (bank BCP and / or INTERBANK), which is indicated below by email or phone.
This is the fastest and most secure payment form Peru. The transfer of money should be in the name of Edgar Condori Ramos, accept both dollars and Peruvian Soles (local or international currency).
If you are interested in this tour or have any question about it. Please contact us at our email email@example.com to answer any questions and / or guidance for the trip in Peru.
Contact or Book your tours with your inquiries to MANU JUNGLE TRIPS:
- Phone: +51 (84) 255527
- Mobile: +51 984388783 / RPM: # 979530544
- Skype: firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Website: http://www.manujungletrips.com/