Photograph -Amazon Manu Tour
DAY 1. – Cusco to Cloud forest (1,700m.s.n.m.) Amazon Manu Tour .
We leave Cusco early in the morning in one of our vehicles. We will pass through interesting valleys and picturesque communities. We will visit pre Incan tombs and then we will stop in Paucartambo, a beautiful colonial town. Here we will visit a very interesting museum. We will have a packed lunch en route. We continue to the cloud forest, an area rich with endemic species like the Spectacled Bear, the Cock of The Rock, a variety of orchids, bromeliads etc. Take in the beautiful nature as we make our way to our Lodge where we will spend our first night in our comfortable accommodation.
DAY 2. –Cloud Forest to Rainforest Lodge (400m.s.n.m.) to Amazon Manu Tour .
Very early we will go in search of the Cock of the Rock, the National bird of Peru, that has a very unique courtship dance. After breakfast we will continue to the small town of Pilcopata and then to the Port of Atalaya, which is located on the shores of the Madre de Dios River (700 m.s.n.m). Here we will take a boat to our Private Reserve of Rainforest Lodge From the boat we will be able to see an enormous diversity of bird species such as Herons, vultures and cormorants etc. We will walk along the interesting trails that are in the transition zone between high and low jungle and your guide will point out and explain the interesting diversity of wild life that surrounds you. We will have the chance for a night walk to catch a glimpse of insects and amphibians. We overnight in our Rainforest Lodge
DAY 3. – Rainforest Lodge – Exploring the Flora – Fauna Amazon Manu Tour .
During the morning walk, the guide will point out and explain the interesting variety of wildlife around you. We board our boat to cross the river and follow a trail for 30 minutes and observe the interesting flora such as the sensitive plants, helicon as, fruit, etc. We walk until we reach Lake Machuwasi where we paddle rafts to observe the birds like the primitive Hoatzin, alligators, monkeys and capybaras with luck. We will have a night walk around our lodge to catch a glimpse of a variety of insects and amphibians.
DAY 4. –Rainforest Lodge Back from Atalaya Port to Cusco .
Very early we board our boat and make our way to Collpa, a clay wall by the river where a variety of parrots such as the blue headed parrot, the White eyed parakeet, possibly the Maracana Macaw and others come every morning to subsitute their diet with minerals and salts. After this activity we return to Erika for breakfast. After breakfast we pack up and take our boat back to Atalaya Port where our vehicle will be waiting to take us back to Cusco. We have lunch en route to Cusco and arrive early evening.
TOUR INCLUDES /NOT INCLUDES
Included in the Amazon Manu Tour 4 days:
- A professional guide (Speaking English)
- Motorboat transportation.
- Private vehicle transportation.
- A professional Cook.
- Meals: 3x breakfast, 4x lunch, 3x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 3 nights in jungle lodges;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Life jackets;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Amazon Manu Tour :
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Amazon Manu Tour 4 days:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport for jungle trips,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes for jungle trips,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger for jungle trips,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip