Travel booking Lake Sandoval is up through the Madre de Dios River (outboard) with a journey time of 25 minutes, arriving at the checkpoint and Surveillance Sandoval Lake Reserve, then continue along access a trail with a walk of 50 minutes in the Peruvian jungle to reach the “pipe” that connects the mirror sandoval lake water; may enter the water mirror renting canoes inhabitants of the Amazon region.
Sandoval lake – Amazon Trips to City Tour Machupicchu = 5 dias
Puerto Maldonado -Amazon Trips
You are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your baggage not necessary for the trip. Then, we transfer you to a local port where you board a motorboat and navigate down the Madre de Dios River. On the way, we observe various mammal species such as turtles, birds, lizards, monkeys, turtles, caimans, etc., until we reach a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check, we start walking for 5 km (1 and half an hour) to reach Sandoval Lake where we take a canoe bringing us to the Maloka Lodge
There, we accommodate ourselves and after lunch, we return sailing the lake in a canoe to see its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfisher, etc. Then, we return to the Maloka lodge for dinner to later get back to the lake again, this time to undertake an evening caiman observation, as caimans are nocturnal animals. Our professional naturalist Tour Guide shows and explains us about these animals. We overnight in the Maloka lodge.
Sandoval Lake – Amazon Trips – Puerto Maldonado:
Today, we wake up very early go to the surroundings of the Sandoval Lake where huge number of various palms grow in its water creating an area of marsh.
This place is called Macaw Palm Tree (Collpa de Palmeras ) and it attracts various macaw species and other parrots to eat sawdust of its palms as it contains sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals helping them to digest. Then, we go back to the lodge to be given breakfast. Later, we take a next trip going to observe stunning flora and fauna of the Sandoval Lake Reserve.
We can appreciate monkeys, deer, wild boars, tapirs or spectacled bears, just to name a few. We return to the lodge for lunch. Afterwards, we get ready for a return way boarding a canoe again to sail over the Sandoval Lake followed by a walk to the checkpoint and from there sailing the Madre de Dios River by a motorboat towards Puerto Maldonado. We pick our baggage up in our office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal
Included in the Amazon Trips:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- A professional Cook,
- Meals: 1x breakfast, 1x lunch, 1x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 1 nights in Maloka lodge;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Amazon Trips:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What You Need to Bring in the Amazon Trips:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.