¿WHAT WE EXPECT?
- Amazon Trail 8 days:
- Length: 8 Days/7 Nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Cusco Department, Madre de Dios Department, Manu National Park, Puerto Maldonado
- Activities: Amazon Trail , Manu biosphere, Macaw clay-lick, tapir clay-lick, Salvador Lake, Otorongo Lake
- Altitude: 600 – 4,000 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: May – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 5
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person
DETAILED TOUR ITINERARY:
Amazon Trail 8 days / 7 nights
DAY 1: CUSCO – NINAMARCA – SAN PEDRO LODGE .
We pick you up early in the morning from your hotel and take you by private car doing short stops on the way such as a stop in Ninamarca to receive a guided tour of its pre-Inca tombs (chullpas) at an altitude of 4,000 m.a.s.l.Another stop is in Paucartambo to look around this picturesque colonial town where its inhabitants still keep their old customs.
Then we continue our journey crossing the Andes until we reach Ajacnacu that is supposed to be an entrance to the Manu National Reserve.
There we start descending passing a cloud forest offering a wide variety of flora and fauna having an opportunity to spot a cock of the rock (Peruvian national bird)
Then, we continue until we reach San Pedro Lodge where we spend the night in private rooms with showers available afterdinner we will take long walk in amazon trail
DAY 2: SAN PEDRO –RAINFOREST LODGE – AMAZON TRAIL .
Today, we get up very early (5 am) in order to go to watch cocks of the rock. We return later to our lodge to have breakfast.
After that, we get on our vehicle to continue towards the river port of Atalaya (500 masl). We raft there typical wooden rafts of the area and continue until Rainforest Lodge, a place of our second overnight. Optional: A night walk in amazon trail
DAY 3: RAINFOREST LODGE – MANU RESERVED ZONE .
We leave early morning to go to observe a parrot’s clay lick only 15 minutes downstream away from the lodge. Afterwards, we continue our way by motorboat going for about 10 hours toward the Manu Reserved Zone until we get our lodge built in rustic style offering private rooms and shared bathrooms.
Optional: A night walk after dinner in amazon trail
DAY 4: MANU BIOSPHERE RESERVE – LAKE SALVADOR / OTORONGO .
After breakfast, we go to explore Lake Salvador where various animals can be observed such as giant river otters (Pteronura brasiliensis), black lizards, various monkey species, a prehistoric bird called Hoatzin, river otters, turtles, herons, etc.
Later on, we return to the lodge for lunch. In the afternoon, another excursion awaits us, this time to the Otorongo Lake.
There, we can appreciate the Amazon Trail from an observation tower that enables us to see typical inhabitants of the lake that is a family of giant otters Then we get back to the lodge to overnight.
Optional: A night walk in amazon trail
DAY 5: EXPLORATION THE AMAZON TRAIL .
Today, we are given the best chance to spot a very rare local inhabitant – a jaguar!! Obviously, we also observe other animals before heading back to the lodge to get ready for our next excursion,
which is a 7 hour motorboat ride on the Madre de Dios River!! We get back to the lodge in the end and overnight after being served dinner.
Optional: A night walk in amzon trail
DAY 6: MACAW CLAY LICK – TAPIR CLAY LICK MAQUISAPAYOQ.
We wake up very early to be able to go to a parrot clay lick to observe Macaw (blue-red parrots) coming to eat the clay containing minerals that helps their stomachs to digest!
That is why, hundreds of parrots and parakeets are attracted to the clay lick every day. We return for lunch to our lodge. Afterwards, we walk through aprimary forestto see different species living in that area.
In the evening, we go to see other clay lick, this time of tapirs that is situated in a place called Maquisapayoq optional night walk in amazon trail
DAY 7: AMAZON TRAIL – MADRE DE DIOS RIVER – PUERTO MALDONADO
Today, we spend the longest day on a boat sailing the Madre de Dios River with direction to Cusco passing the ports of Puerto Colorado and Puerto Carlos.
In the place where Inambari River crosses the Madre de Dios River, we get on our private vehicle awaiting us to take us to Puerto Maldonado City that we reach after a two hour ride.
We overnight there in a hostel with a private bathroom with shower.
(Today’s dinner is on your own as it is not included in the tour price.)
DAY 8: RETURN FLIGHT FROM PUERTO MALDONADO TO CUSCO OR LIMA
We have breakfast in the hostel and then we are transferred to the airport at Puerto Maldonado to take a flight back to Cusco or to Lima.
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!!
WHAT TOUR SERVICES:
Included in the Amazon Trail .
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance to the Reserved Zone of the Manu National Park as well as to Macaw Clay Licks;
- A professional Cook,
- Meals: 7x breakfast, 7x lunch, 6x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 6 nights in lodges, 1 night in a hostel;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Amazon Trail :
- A flight from Puerto Maldonado to Cusco nor Lima;
- Airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the seventh day (in Puerto Maldonado);
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Amazon Trail
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.
08 days y 07 nights
Places to visit:
02- minimun -12 maximmun
Trekking Wildlife ,trek amazon ,Rainforest ,Adventure , Wildlife
Tour Physical Level: