¿WHAT WE EXPECT?
Machu Picchu Birdwatching 5d /4N.
- Length: 5 Days/4 Nights
- Type of Service: Private or Group in the tour Machupicchu
- Location: S
- Activities: Amazing Birdwatching ,Reserve walking , birdwatching Machupicchu, Trek Machupicchu,
- Altitude Machupicchu: – m.a.s.l.
- Best time to Visit Machupicchu : All Year
- Departure de Tour Machupicchu Birdwatching: Every day
- Minimum of participants in the Tour Machupicchu: 2
- Maximum of participants in the Trips Birdwatching: 10
- Price per person in the Tours Machupicchu: USD
- Departure : Daily
- Physical Demand :
We had a really fun tour. The birding was excellent, the weather was dynamic, and our experiences were truly memorable. For some of you, the trip began with visits around Lima, to museums and birding destinations like Lomas de Lachay. Eventually, we all got together in the early morning for our flight to Cusco, then birded from Huacarpay Lakes north to our comfortable hotel in Ollantaytambo.
DETAILED TOUR ITINERARY:
MachuPicchu Birdwatching 5d /4N
Day 1: Cusco Machupicchu to Huacarpay / Ollantaytambo / Peñas .
We pick up our passengers early from the hotel to begin our activities of the Machupicchu Birdwatching of bird observation in Laguna Huacarpay which is 30 minutes from Cusco at 3400 m.a.s.l. where the guide will give his knowledge and show the more important birds, for example: Rusty fronted canastero, Bearded mountaineer, Plumbeous Rail, AndeanBlack, Rufous naped Ground tyrante, streak fronted thornbird, cinnamon teal, puna teal, yellow billed pintail, greenish yellow finch, Black chested Buzzard eagle and many more. Later we continue to Urubamba where we have lunch and then travel to Ollanta y Peñas where we can view birds such as: White tufted sunbeam, chestnut breasted mountain finch, Great sapphiwing, golden billed saltator, Peruvian pygmy Owl, cream crested Spinetail, green and white hummingbirds, among others. After, we return to the hotel in Ollantaytambo.
Activity Machupicchu Trek.
Day 2 : Machupicchu Birdwatching TO Ollanta/ Canchayo /Carrizales / san Luis / Machupicchu Birdwatching .
We will be leaving Ollanta at 4:30 am in our bus for 1.5 hrs to Canchayoc where we begin to view birds such as: White Browed conebill, Marcapata Spinetail, Puna thistletail, parodis Hemispin, Sapphire vented puffleg, tit like dacnis, sword Billed Hummingbird, purple Backed thornbill, Rufous Antpitta, Inca wren, cusco brush finch, Gray breasted mountain Toucan, Scarlet bellied mountain tanager, Golden collared Tanager, and others. In the afternoon we return to the hotel in Ollantaytambo.
Night walking Machupicchu.
Day 3 : Machupicchu Birdwatching Cusco to Ollantaytambo
We leave Ollanta at 5:30 after breakfast to go to Abra Malaga, the high part of Polylepis at 4230 m.a.s.l. which is 45 minutes from Ollanta. We climb the hill where we will be for 4 hrs to observe: Andean condor, royal Cinclodes, puna tapaculo, ash breasted tit tyrant, junin canastero, White browed tit spinetail, tawny tit spinetail, Giant conebill, Stripe headed Antpitta, puna Ground tyrant, rufous naped Ground tyrant, White winged Diuca finch, olivaceopus thornbill, Andean Hillstard and many more bird communities. Later we go down the trail to have lunch. Then we continue to observe more birds and at 4 PM return to Ollanta to take the train to Aguas Calientes where we will have dinner and stay in the hotel.
jungle trek Birdwatching to Machupicchu.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes to Mandor / Machupicchu Birdwatching.
We leave the hotel after breakfast at 6 :00 Am to begin viewing birds such as: White capped dipper, torrent Duck, green and White hummingbird, Highland Motmot, Ocellated piculet, Variable Antshrike, Andean Cock Of The Rock, Masked fruiteater, Inca Flycatcher, Sclater•s Tyranulet, Inca Flycatcher, silver Backed tanager, slaty tanager, collared Inca, black streak puffbird, Pale legged Warbler, White eared Solitare, and others. Then we return to Aguas Calientes for lunch and a rest. In the afternoon we continue observing birds in the high part then we return to the hotel for dinner.
Day 5 :Return Machu Picchu to Cusco / Machupicchu Birdwatching.
Today after breakfast we climb in the bus to go to the archaeological zone to appreciate the incredible Incan construction where we can see temples, agricultural parts, astrological zones, and many more things. After that visit, we return to Aguas Calientes for lunch before our departure to Cusco where sadly but surely the tour comes to an end.
Some tried the cuy, others the alpaca. The train ride to Aguas Calientes had us all smiling and yelling out “Another Torrent Duck!” or in Jose’s case, “Motmot!” Lucretia walked us through the phenomenal site of Machu Picchu; the impressively laid stones and the 360-degree view of jagged Andean peaks, well, it was almost too much to take in! Our
experiences in Aguas Calientes didn’t end there, as Mandor Valley offered a different perspective on the Incan site, as well as some awesome birding:
what about that mega flock?! And the grounds of Inkaterra (coffee in hand) — do we really have to leave?
Back to Ollantaytambo, and birding the pass of Abra Malaga birdwatching with the high peak known as Veronica in her white dress. She’s always lovely, but especially so in the early morning sun. We birded both slopes: the drier west side, and the more humid east. A visit machupicchu to Maxima’s house, enjoying her warm potatoes, and we marvelled at her strong, yet lonely existence. Plus, y’all climbed the ridge above the pass (14,500′ or so), breaking trail through snow, to stand on hallowed ground. So quiet, peaceful, just the wind, the valley below… and soaring condors. It was a pleasure guiding this group. I hope to see you again soon. Until then, safe travels and always good birwatching.
WHAT TOUR SERVICES:
Included in the Machu picchu Birdwatching
Included in the Machu picchu Birdwatching
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide; Machupicchu
- Motorboat transportation; in the Tour Machupicchu.
- Private vehicle land transportation; in the inca jungle Birdwatching
- Entrance fee to the thermal baths (Aguas Calientes of Manu National Park);
- Meals: 4x breakfast, 4x lunch, 4x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!); in tour Machupicchu Birdwhatching .
- Accommodation: 4 nights in the lodges, night in the Machupicchu;
- Bottle Water ); in the machupichu
- bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite in birdwatching
- Rubber boots. in the birdwatching
Not included in the Machu picchu Birdwatching
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes; in machupicchu
- Travel insurance;
- Sleeping bag (you can rent it from us!);
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Machu picchu Birdwatching
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!), in the birdwatching .
- Original passport, in tour birdwaching.
- Sleeping bag (you can rent if from us);
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes, in trips birdwatching
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain, in the tour machupicchu
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.
Places to visit:
Tour Physical Level: