- Length: 6 days/5 nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Manu National Park, jungle trips,
- Activities: CManu Reserve zone manu park .
- Altitude: 400 – 3,600 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: May – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: USD
ITINERARIO DEL TOUR:
Manu Nature 6D/5N Amazon
TOUR DAY 1:
Cusco City – Cloud Forest / Pilcopata Town
The lush and misty cloud forest is perhaps the most fragile and threatened type of rainforest.
This forest which starts from 11,000 feet, and continue down to about 5,000 feet of elevation, cover the eastern slopes of the Andes, before yielding to the vast lowland forest of the Amazon. This is a kingdom of moss, lichens, ferns, and orchids.
We leave Cusco early in the morning to start our adventure! First, we are taken by private transportation to a place called Ninamarca to observe pre-Incan “chullpas” (tombs) from the Lupaca culture. Then, we continue to Paucartambo, a colonial town with narrow streets and a beautiful church, where people still keep their old customs.
Then, we ascend to the viewpoint Tres Cruces (3,900 masl) to observe a beautiful view of the Amazon Basin if the weather permits. From there, we start descending to Manu National Park, home of the cock of the rock (a Peruvian national bird), hummingbirds, strikingly-coloured quetzals, trogons, spotted flycatchers, and woolly monkeys. In terms of flora, we can view a variety of orchids, mosses, and ferns.
If we are lucky, we will find the only speices of bear in South America, the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus). In the afternoom, we will arrive in the village of Pilcopata (700 masl) where we will spend the night in our jungle lodge in Manu National Park.
TOUR DAY 2:
Manu Nature Pilcopata Town to Boca Manu Lodge
After breakfast, we continue our journey in our private transportation (an hour and a half) to Port Atalaya (500 masl).
There, we board the boat to continue the trip for half an hour sailing along the Alto Madre de Dios River. Along the river we will have a great opportunity to observe different species such as herons, vultures, Kingfishers, turtles, and some 13 species of monkeys that live in Manu!
Then, after a brief stop in Manu Hot Springs, we will continue the trip and make a stop in the native community Diamante. In the afternoon we will arrive at our lodge. Showers and baths available.
Optional activity: night walk in the forest
TOUR DAY 3:
Manu Nature Boca Manu Lodge to Casa Machiguenga
Today we will get up very early to go visit to the parrot clay lick and then we return to our lodge to have breakfast we will board a motorized boat to travel by trip, through to the Madre de Dios River to change for a navigation on the Manu River offering us other incredible views of a great variety of species that live in and around it,
such as groups of turtles, white alligators, capybaras, jaguars Panthera onca) resting on a trunk and observing its territory. Arriving in the afternoon to our Lodge Machiguenga .
Later our tour guide takes us to Otorongo Oxbow Lake where an observation tower is placed that allows us to see the giant otters that live there. During that time, the Guide teaches us functions and secrets of the jungle. After that, we return night Lodge Machiguenga .
Showers and toilets available night walk in the Manu National Park
Optional: night walk in the forest
TOUR DAY 4:
Manu Nature – Casa Machiguenga /Cocha Salvador / Cocha Otorongo .
Today we will visit the group visits Cocha Salvador today, which is 30 minutes from Cocha Otorongo. Today, they explore walking in the virgin primary forest.
We visit the lake to paddle silently in a catamaran that gives us the possibility observe a family of playful giant river otters, These, the world’s largest freshwater carnivores, remain common only in Manu .
Each animal consumes between 4 and 5 kilos of fish daily and often they can be seen eating large fish on logs at the lakeside. Observing as well as many rare bird species including a prehistoric bird called Shansho, Heron, Cormorants, Water Duck, Horned Screamer, Turtles, Taricaya, Black Alligators.
The rest of the day will be spent walking the trails in the area in search of some of the 13 species of Monkey as Black Spider Mokey , Red Howler Monkey Night Monkey ,Dusky Titi Monkey ,Saddleback Tamarin ,Brown Capuchin Monkey and some mammals found here , Giant Anteater ,South American Coati ,Two Toed Sloth ,Deer a group of peccaries .
found in the forest here our guide will explain some of the basics of rainforest ecosystems and point out some of the medicinal hight plants of the area used by local, indigenous groups.
You can be sure that the animals here in the wild Manu Amazon have never suffered from hunting by people! In the afternoon, we return to our Lodge in Otorongo. . Showers and toilets available in Manu Nationa Reserve Center .
Optional activity: night walk in the forest
TOUR DAY 5:
Casa Machiguenga / Boca Manu Lodge .
Today again call of the red howler monkey (Alouatta seniculus) will wake us up. Unfortunately, we need to start our return on the Manu River, and one will be able to understand why Manu is so famous for its wildlife.
At the edges of the river you will see groups of turtles, white alligators (Caiman cocodrylus), capybaras (Hydrochaeris) and perhaps a Jaguar (Panthera Onca) resting on a trunk and observing its territory .
In the afternoon we will arrive at the lodge where we will settle in our respective rooms afterwards we will have a walk around our Lodge. after dinner, we will have a night activity
Past the Nigth in Lodge with Showers and toilets available.
Optional activity: night walk
TOUR DAY 6:
Manu Nature / Boca Manu & Atalaya Port to Cusco .
We woke up very early today After breakfast on the last day of the trip, then we will pack things to take the boat and start navigating through the Madre de Dios high river towards the Atalaya port.
Included in the Manu Nature 6 days / 5 nights Tour
- A professional naturalist tour guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance to the Reserved Zone of Manu National Park;
- A professional cook,
- Meals: 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners, and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option available upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 5 nights in our lodges;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment, and an antidote for snake bites;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Included in the Manu Nature 6 days / 5 nights Tou
- Flights and airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you on the Manu Nature 6 day Tour:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green-coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (also available for rent),
- Camera and charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and camera,
- A hat as protection against the sun and/or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- Water bottle (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs, as well as to tip.
$ 00 /pax
06 days y 05 nights
Lugares a Visitar:Ninamraca, Paucartambo, Cloud Forest, Pilcopata, Attlaya, Cocha Salvador, Cocha Otorongo
Grupo del Tour:02- minimun -12 maximmun
Tipo del Tour:Manu nature , Ecologia , Rainforest Trips ,
Nivel Fisico del Tour:1/5
MANU BIOSPHERE RESERVE
Manu Culture Zone
Blanquillo Macaw Clay Lick – Jungle Trips
TOURS AMAZON PERU – JUNGLE TRIPS
Paquetes Manu Cusco MachuPicchu
- 05: Tours Machu Picchu Manu Amazon Trail
- 06DAYS: Tours Machu Picchu Inca Trail Manu…
- 07DAYS: City Tour Machupicchu Manu Center
- 08DAYS: City Tour Sacred Valley Machu Picchu…
- 10DAYS: Inca Trail Machu Picchu – Manu…
- 11DAYS: MachuPicchu Inca Trail Manu Nature
- 12DAYS: City Tour Sacred Valley MachuPicchu…
- 14DAYS: City Tour Sacred Valley – Inca…
- 16 DAYS: Manu Reserve –