¿WHAT WE EXPECT?
- Length: 3 days/2 nights Peru Amazon Tours;
- Type of service: Private or Group in Peru Amazon Tours;
- Location: Southern Peru, Manu National Park, Manu Peruvian Jungle,
- Activities: parrot’s clay-lick, flora & fauna, Peru Amazon Tours , Rainforest lodge, jungle trips , Hot Spring , Machuwasi lake , Night Activity ;
- Altitude: 400 – 3,600 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: May – December
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: USD
Quick Itinerary of the Peru Amazon Tours :
Travel Cloud Forest Pilcopata Lodge to Manu Peruvian .
- Manu Transfer by bus from hotel in Cusco
- Travel by car from Cusco to Pilcopata – 185 km
- Visit Ninamarka (3,700 m.a.s.l.), Pucartambo (2,906 m.a.s.l.), and Acjanacu (3,490 m.a.s.l.),
- Cloud Forest varies from 500 m to 4000 m above sea level
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Lunch and dinner
- Pilcopata Town (700 m.s.n.m)
- 1 night with a comfortable shower and bathroom
Travel Atalaya Port to Rainforest Walk Machuwasi– Manu Peruvian
- Breafast, lunch, and dinner
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Travel from Pilcopata to Port Atalaya – 45 Minutes
- Boat trip from Port Atalaya to our Rainforest Lodge
- Rubber boots included
- Drinking water provided
- Walk in the Manu National Park Reserve
- Explore Machuwasi Lake
- Hot Springs
- Activity at night in our boat to see the caimans and birds
- 1 night at our lodge
Rainforest Lodge – Parrot Clay Lick Back to Atalaya Port and Cusco City
- Manu bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- 5:00 am: wake up and visit the parrot clay lick
- Breakfast and lunch
- Departure from our lodge between 8:00 and 8:30 am
- Boat back from our lodge to Port Atalaya
- Private car for the group awaits us at Port Atalaya to return to the city of Cusco
- Arrival in Cusco between 7:00 and 7:30 pm
- End of service .
DETAILED TOUR ITINERARY:
Peru Amazon Tours 3 days / 2 nights .
CLICK MAP OF MANU NATIONAL PARK – PERU AMAZON TOURS
Tour Day 1:
Peru Amazon Tour – Cusco Ninamarca Paucartambo – Cloud Forest – Pilcopata Lodge
We leave Cusco early in the morning to start our advente! First, we are taken by private transportation to a place called Ninamarca to observe pre-Incan “chullpas” (tombs) from the Lupaca culture.
Then, we continue to Paucartambo, a colonial town with narrow streets and a beautiful church, where people still keep their old customs.
Later, we ascend to Acjanaco Pass (3,550 masl), considered to be an entrance to the Manu National Park, and then we get to the viewpoint Tres Cruces de Oro (3,700 masl) to observe a beautiful view of the Amazon Basin if the weather permits,
From there, we start descending to the edge of the Manu jungle, passing first an elfin forest and then a cloud forest where we can view a cock of the rock, hummingbirds, strikingly-colored quetzals, trogons, spotted flycatchers, and woolly monkeys.
In terms of flora, we can view a variety of orchids, mosses, ferns, etc. Finally, we will arrive at our lodge in Pilcopata (700 masl). We can refresh ourselves there with a shower and after that, we will be served dinner before we go to bed.
Tour Day 2:
Peru Amazon Tour Atalaya Port – Rainforest Walk and Hot Springs – Machuwasi Lake – Manu Park
After breakfast we will continue our journey in private transportation (an hour and a half) to Port Atalaya (500 masl).
From there we will embark on our motorboat to continue our journey through the Madre de Dios River along the rocky banks to observe wilderlife such as birds, turtles, and lizards sunbathing on the beaches. Then we will arrive at our lodge.
We will explore the forest to observe a great diversity of species, such as tarantulas, ants, butterflies, some species of monkeys, and huge trees, exotic plants, palm trees, etc.
After that, we will return to our ho Lodge for lunch and Then, we have a short break to enjoy a refreshing bath in the Hot Springs or tojust relax in the lodge. In the afternoon, we will go to visit Machuwasi Lake to explore in wood rafts.
This is a perfect way to observe the great diversity of local animal species, such as the prehistoric bird called hoatzin, some , reptiles, caimans and insects, groups of turtles and perhaps some rum punches (Hydrochaeris hydrochaeris). After this unforgettable walk we will return to our lodge, and eat dinner .
After dinner we do night activity where we will have chance to see differents species after that we will return to spend the night in our comfortable lodge with toilets and showers available.
Tour Day 3:
Peru Amazon Tour – Rainforest Lodge to Parrot Clay Lick – Port Atalaya – Return to Cusco City .
After breakfast, wewill board a motor boat and ride for 10 minutes to a clay-lick of parrots, budgerigars and macaws, which is an unforgettable experience! After this activity, we will return to the lodge to have breakfast.
Then we will re-board our boat to start our return trip. Our first stop is in Port Atalaya where our private vehicle will await us to take us back to Cusco, where we will arrive between 7 and 7:30 pm.
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!!
WHAT TOUR SERVICES:
Included in the Peru Amazon Tours :
- A professional naturalist tour guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- A professional cook,
- Meals: 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners, and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option availableupon request for no extra cost!)
- Accommodation: 2 Nights in Lodges;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and antidote for snake bites;
- Life jacket;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
- Hot Springs
Not included in the Peru Amazon Tour :
- Flights and airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Peru Amazon Tour :
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long-sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Long cotton socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Binoculars (also available for rent),
- Camera and charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and camera,
- A hat as a protection against the sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- Water bottle (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs .
03 days y 02 night
Places to visit:
02- minimun -12 maximmun
Wildlife, Nature, Ecological, Adventure
Tour Physical Level: