¿WHAT WE EXPECT?
Amazon Trail Wildlife Peru
- Length: 5 Days/4 Nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Manu National Park,
- Altitude: 400 – 3,600 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: May – December
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: USD
Manu National Park – Peru
- Creation May : 29, 1973
- Extension :1716 295 .22 Hectares
- Location : Regions of Cusco and Madre de Dios
Core area of the Biosphere Reserve.
1025 : species of Birds
221 : Species of Mammals.
1307 : Butterfly Species .
8 : Species of Wild Felines .
15 : Primate Species .
27 : Species of Psittacines .
155 :Reptile Species .
300 : Species of Ants .
650 :Species of Beetles.
DETAILED TOUR ITINERARY:
Amazon Trail Wildlife 5 days
Trail Day 1: Cusco (3300 m.s.n.m.) – Manu Cloud Forest (1,700 m.s.n.m.) – Paraiso Inn Lodge –
Today we will leave Cusco very early, pick up from your hotel in our private mobility then we will start the tour Amazon Trail Peru making stops in Ninamarca “chullpas” better known as (pre-Inca tombs / lupaca culture). Then we will continue to Paucartambo, a picturesque and colonial town with narrow streets and a beautiful church with
an interesting Museum, where they keep their ancient customs. After this activity we will ascend to; Paso Acjanaco (3550 masl), considered the gateway to the Manu National Park and the Tres Cruces viewpoint (3700 masl) to observe a beautiful view of the Amazonia basin. We will descend to the Manu jungle, first passing through a dwarf
forest then through a cloud forest where we will have the opportunity to observe the cock of the rocks (better known as the national bird of Peru), hummingbirds, swallows, flycatchers, hummingbirds, quetzals and the woolly monkey if we are lucky. As for the
flora, we can find a wide variety of orchids, mosses, ferns, broccoli, etc. Throughout our trip enjoying nature that has a spectacular landscape. in the afternoon we will arrive at our PARAISO LODGE INN. After dinner we will take a night walk.
Trail Day 2:
Paraiso Lodge Inn – Nuevo Eden – Tamarin Camping Center.
Today we will get up very early to enjoy our breakfast and we will take our private vehicle to continue the tour at approximately 1 am. hour 30 minutes to the community of Shintuya. Don we will take our boat Rio Alto Madre de Dios. During the trip we will observe different species such as birds, turtles, alligators basking in the sun on the
fallen logs and others on the beaches along the river. and some animals such as the capybara, lazy bear and we are lucky to jaguar or tapir, we will make a stop to take a fresh bath in Hot Springs, and a place where we will have lunch and do artisanal fishing. In the afternoon we will arrive at our destination where we will set up our tents in
the middle of the deep jungle. At night we will take a walk to observe diversity of species such as frogs. insects, tarantulas, some birds and nocturnal monkeys. For this tour we need you to bring your headlamp in the trail.
Trail Day 3:
Camping Nuevo Eden (250 m.s.n.m.) Exploring the Amazon Trail Wildlife .
Today we will get up early to enjoy a delicious breakfast then we will do a 4-hour walk inside the Manu National Park reserve, this ecosystem is home to very important species for conservation such as; monkeys, birds, wild boars, toads, ants and medicinal plants of the jungle, giant trees, where our native guide will explain the diversity
of species of the jungle. Return to Camp Lunch (free time) to take a refreshing swim in the river and then visit a lake to do piranha fishing. catfish, sardines;After this activity we will visit the mammal clay lick where we will spend
the night in tents on a platform to have dinner later. Dinner we will have the opportunity to observe some mammals that come to lick the mud every night during the amazonia manu trail.
Trail Day 4:
New Eden Camping – Manu Raiforest Lodge – Machuwasi Lake.
We get up very early to enjoy a delicious breakfast and then we will take a walk in the deep jungle to observe other species and after this activity we return to the camp center to pack our things where we will take our private vehicle through the deep jungle to the Atalaya port. Where we will embark to continue enjoying the jungle during
the trip we will have our lunch. In the afternoon we will arrive at our hostel Accommodation in their respective rooms, Then we will make a walk through the primary forest where our native guide will share his knowledge of flora and fauna. return, we will visit the lake machuwasi pen our catamaran to observe other species that inhabit
this lake after this return to our lodge. At night activity in the manu trail inside to Amazon rainforest and Madre De dios river in our outboard boat. Observing other aquatic nocturnal species return accommodation in their respective rooms.
Trail Day 5 : Parrot Clay Lick Rainforest Lodge – Return to Cusco.
Today we will get up very early where we will take our river boat in approximately 50 minutes to see a show where every morning these birds meet like blue-headed parrots, crown parrots yellow and some macaws, etc. They concentrate to lick the clay that contains enough sodium. We will have some opportunities to see some animals
that are also going to hunt their prey and others to eat this salty Clay after this activity. Return to our lodge. We will enjoy our breakfast then we will pack our things and then we will board our boat back to Puerto Atalaya where our private mobility awaits us to take us back to the city of Cusco. We will arrive around 5:30 – 6:00 p.m.
WHAT TOUR SERVICES:
Included in the Rainforest Trail 5 days / 4 nights:
- A professional naturalist tour guide for the Peruvian Trail;
- Motorboat transportation for the widlife trail;
- Private vehicle land transportation for jungle trips;
- Entrance fee to the hot springs in the jungle trail
- A professional cook,
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners. and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option available upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 2 nights in jungle lodges;
- Accommodation: 2 Night Camping .
- First aid kit;
- Radio communications for jungle ;
- Tent , Matras
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Rainforest Trail 5 days:
- Flights and airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Vaccinations for jungle trips;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
- Sleeping Bag .
What to take with you on the Rainforest:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport for jungle trail,
- Small backpack for the rainforest trail,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes in the trail,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Binoculars (also available for rent),
- Camera and charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and camera,
- Hat as a protection against the sun and/or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- Water bottle (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs .
5 days y 4 night
Places to visit:
02 /Min / Max 12
Expeditions , Trekking , Camping , rainforest , Adventure
Tour Physical Level: