¿WHAT WE EXPECT?
Amazon Expedition Tour
- Length: 5 Days/4 Nights
- Type of service: Private or Group .
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Manu National Park, jungle trips, manu peruvian
- Activities: manu peruvian jungle, jungle trips, Rainforest, Expedition
- Altitude: 400 – 3,600 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit : May – December
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: USD
DETAILED TOUR ITINERARY:
Itineray Amazon Expedition tour 5 days
Tours Day 1 : Cusco Urcos – Mazuco Rainforest .
A very long travel amazon expedition tour awaits us today, it means 11 hours! But no worries, we do stops in each interesting place on the way.First, we ascend by our private vehicle to the highest point of the tour – Pituhuaylla Pass at 4,750 m.a.s.l. to
later continue via other high points of a savannah and a tropical rainforest – Expedition. Then, we start descending through a cloud forest with its lush vegetation (e.g. ferns, bromeliads and orchids) to lowlands of the rainforest
around Inambari River. In the afternoon, we reach the village of Mazuco (500 m.a.s.l.), also known as a gold mine.We pass the night there in a private twin room of a local hostel.
Optional: A night walk in the tour .
Expedition Day 2: Jungle Wildlife -Puerto Colorado To Maquisapajoq .
After breakfast, we continue expedition to a nearby port to sail across the Inambari River on boat and afterwards, we get on again our private vehicle and continue riding for about an hour until we reach the main port at Puerto
Colorado. Our motorboat awaits us there to sail up the Madre de Dios River for about 4 hours travel expedition to take us to the Maquisapayoq Lodge, a place of a red-faced spider monkey habitat On the route, we are given
opportunity to see the wildlife of its rocky shores, for example, 13 monkey species, herons, purple magpies, vultures, caimans and crocodiles. In the afternoon, we reach the lodge and accommodate ourselves in private twin
rooms with private bathrooms in Manu Center Optional:A night walk expedition to spot some rainforest insect, frogs, snakes and others.
Expedition Day 3: Maquisapayoj to Macaw Clay Lick and Tapir Lick – Amazon expedition.
We wake up at 4 am to be able to go to the famous and splendid macaw’s clay-lick of Blanquillo. The takes 40 minutes on boat and 15 minutes by walk. We have breakfast there before our observation. The
“show” starts at about 5:50 am with an arrival of smaller parrots and parakeets and finishes with an arrival of big macaws (Ara Chloroptera). All of them come to eat clay that helps them to digest and clean their bodies from
toxins!! We return to the lodge for lunch. Later on, an exploration of a nearby route expects us to bring us to the stunning place of the Maquisapayoq tapir´s clay-lick! in amazon. There, we spend the night observing tapirs and
other mammals from an opposite hidden platform (with cushions and mosquito´s nets) placed just 3 metres far away from the clay-lick in Manu . Please note: you can also spend the night in a lodge close
to the river (in twin rooms), if you prefer.
Expedition Day 4: Maquisapayoj to Cocha Blanco and Camungo Lake .
Very early in the morning, we set out to explore Blanco Lake (Cocha Blanco) so we are given a chance to watch a giant river otter family when fishing! We can also spot a prehistoric bird hoatzin, sparrow hawk, snail, howler
monkey, monkey capuchin with a white forehead, spider monkey, sloth and other typical animal species of the lake! For lunch, we return to the lodge to later continue to another excursion to the Camungo Lake! There, we first
climb a 42 meter high observation tower to watch birds and take photos of lovely scenery. Afterwards, we board a boat to observe typical inhabitants of the lake – river otters and a variety of birds in jungle!
Later on, we return to the lodge to be served dinner and have a rest. Then, we are given another opportunity to go to observe tapirs in case; we did not have good luck the previous night in manu Expedition.
Expedition Day 5: Maquisapayoj to Puerto Maldonado or Cusco .
Today is a returning day so we wake up very early again and after breakfast, we start packing. Then, we board our motorboat and sail down the Madre de Dios River until we get back to the port of Puerto Colorado.
There, we change for our land vehicle expecting us there and taking us back to the port of Inambari River, which we pass again on a boat. Afterwards, we continue on road until we get to Cusco at around 6:30 – 7 pm.
It is not necessary to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever, to do the tour in the jungle.
WHAT TOUR SERVICES:
Included in jungle Expedition.
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation:
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance fees to the clay-licks;
- A professional Cook for expedition,
- Meals: 4x breakfast, 5x lunch, 4x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 3 nights in lodges, 1 night of camping (alternatively in a lodge).;
- Camping equipment (personal tents, mattresses, tables, chairs, dining tent, kitchen tent, kitchen equipment and a gas bottle);
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Life jackets;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Expedition jungle Tour
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- A sleeping bag (we also rent it);
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Expedition Tour:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- A sleeping bag (you can rent it from us too!),
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger for expedition,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.
S/. 00 /pax
05 days y 04 nights
Places to visit:
Mazuco, Colorado, Blanquillo, Maquisapayoj, Mcaw Clai Lick , Puerto Maldonado
02 Min - 10 Max
Wildlife, Trek, Rainforest ,Ecological
Tour Physical Level: